The Walk Of Echoes Beckons!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » The Walk of Echoes Beckons!
The Walk of Echoes Beckons!
 Asura.Majae
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-06-15 17:36:42  
Reading all of this, people seem to think CB is their own personal playground.

It's outright annoying when people grab mobs and then hide them in some corner halfway across the map. You are wasting other peoples time for your own selfish goals.

I'll wait and see what WoE is all about before I join the QQ train.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-15 17:41:13  
Honestly I think it depends on the server, but no side is going to win this.

Yes I fight close to where they zone in most of the time. During JP prime time they already know where I am at and will rush me soon as there are no more mobs at the fort. During the afternoons when there is like 5-10 people in a battle.. yeah usually they don't bother me unless NPCs are in full force and killed the mobs that made it to the fort.

Sometimes it is helpful, if there is a wave that is nearly destoryed and another coming in 10 minutes, would you rather have them linked together for more exp / drops or do them seperate and possibly get less drops for sure and maybe exp?
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-15 17:54:28  
I enjoy being WHM/SCH Cure-angel in campaign... but i get ***allied notes for it:/

So I am often BLU/SCH because i can endlessly take dmg and cure myself:) and I for one always throw out raises because they give 100xp each if i am not mistaken.

If they ever fix DNC and let them heal ppl not in their pt's I will gladly heal random ppl in campaign:)
[+]
 Fairy.Speeral
サーバ: Fairy
user: Speeral
By Fairy.Speeral 2010-06-15 18:00:23  
Maye we could all be this lol

n. 1. Nestled between 1336 and 1338, 1337 is commonly known as a number, or for the more advanced; an "integer"
2. Often misused to satisfy a lamen's ego, the self-proclaimed 1337 will misuse the title, pretending to hold Xtr3m H4x0r capabilties while in fact masturbating to preteen beastiality at 2:00 AM with baggy eyes; anonymously hassling n00b's with better things to do than kill their babies over mindrot such as Everquest and Warcraft. See also "colon debris" and "queefstain"

stole that from urban dictionary.

Thought I'd inject some fun into this conversation.
at 99 this will be all those hard nosed newbs who have leet gear and *** and complain about crap and then really do nothing but get dead on a regular basis.

[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-15 18:19:38  
Leviathan.Optimis said:

Copious Rewards
Materials used in the synthesis of all-new equipment level 76 and beyond form but a small part of the veritable treasure trove of items that awaits dauntless adventurers.

I really hope that w/e these materials are that they're going to drop in abundance and not just 1-2 per "battle". Otherwise I foresee this being nothing more than luck as to who gets to get "better" gear. /shurg....idk..I guess we'll see.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-15 22:11:26  
I wouldn't mind the Campaign auto-assessment if it did it in a way that tied job specific rewards to said jobs. What I mean is, if a material used in WHM AF3 drops, the rolls are automatically skewed toward people who came as WHM, and then ranked by performance. So any non-WHM would have a 20% chance of rolling above a 300, and then WHMs have 95% chance of rolling above that assuming they met some benchmark (say 300 XP/AN), and from there on the rolls ascend in terms of best performing WHM, whether it depends on curing alone or also including damage etc. This would force people to come as the jobs they want to upgrade, whereas in Salvage, Dyna, etc you come w/e job you want and can get item for any job you want, this is fairest way to do AI-pased point system.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-15 22:51:16  
Then what about DD's (sure this would happen to mages as well, but DD is a better example) and such? It would put preferential treatment on those who've got the great *** gear and shaft all those who don't yet have all that great stuff..

The only way that would actually be fair, is if all armor/stats were nullified upon entering (maybe even merits and food) Then everyone would be working from the same ground and there truly could be better and worse players.

Gear doesn't make a player, I'm sure we've all seen that time again.. But it damn sure does effect one.. You take two equally skilled players with the same jobs and put one in top of the line end game gear, and put the other in basic or slightly above average gear, and you're definately going to notice a difference.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-15 23:35:43  
Asura.Majae said:
Reading all of this, people seem to think CB is their own personal playground.

It's outright annoying when people grab mobs and then hide them in some corner halfway across the map. You are wasting other peoples time for your own selfish goals.

I'll wait and see what WoE is all about before I join the QQ train.

99% of the people who QQ about this have no *** clue how campaign XP works

your xp per minute in campaign is capped at a pretty low rate. anyone who isn't an absolute failure at this game can cap xp/min 2-3 times over while they are fighting. the thing is, all the xp over that cap doesn't just disappear. instead, you continue to get that "reserve" XP while you aren't fighting/AFK. if you are getting less than the cap and have xp in "reserve" it makes up the difference. don't belive me? download campaign helper here and see it in action.

that guy dragging the mob a million miles away isn't the selfish one. he's trying to get him and all of you extra XP. the selfish ones are the retards who run around and kill all of the mobs in 30 seconds, cheating everyone out of their overflow XP.

when a mid length campaign battle ends, i'm usually sitting on 1000-1500 seconds of afk XP, and there are people a lot better at campaign than i am.

next time you see someone dragging a mob to the middle of nowhere, don't hunt down his mob, go get a drink and send him a /tell thanking him for the AFK xp.

and if for some reason you DO suck so badly you can't cap xp/min or are low level, nothing is stopping you from cashing in your tags and leaving the battle. don't *** it up for the rest of us.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-16 02:45:40  
Asura.Jetzabel said:
I'm so amused. They made out that people would have to be at least near the end of WoTG to get access to this new area, and it turns out you only need to be on mission THREE. Hilarious!!!!
I was under the impression everyone thought they needed near-end of WotG for Abyssea, not Walk of Echoes. o_0
[+]