Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-06-13 23:05:49  
Would like some other opinions on this evasion setup

i do not really do endgame so no endgame gear for me

Yea i need an ungur boomerang i know...

Also i was wondering if i should get an Azoth and if i should what should i off hand?

Any help would be great
Thank you~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-13 23:09:37  
x2

Nothing that requires endgame, tedious though and have to kill plenty of mobs, wait on weather, ect.
[+]
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-06-13 23:10:36  
ah yes i did forget about those daggers
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-13 23:11:06  
Dakni with Evasion/Agi for Maximum powerz.

If you have Sea Access, you can buy the coins to get a Boxer's Mantle too. If your prices are similar to Odin's, you'd be lookin at around a 500,000g investment.

Edit; I has been bested on the field of "Post furst hurr?"

Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-13 23:11:31  
Trial 16: Rabbits x100
Trial 17: Crabs x100
Trial 24: Any monster x100
Trial 26: BirdsSF x150

You'll have to check wiki for the needed weathers
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-13 23:11:34  

Farm the gil and buy ABC's, get one of these. Doesn't require you to do end game. If you don't have sea, then wait for the update and get it at that point.

Edit: Beat to it.
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-13 23:13:00  
the rings work, but should maybe leave those for acc. they rest looks like what i use.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-06-13 23:14:47  
Curious as to why you're off handing the Blau.

Other items you could look into is Ermine's Tail, Tariqah +1, and Denali Wristbands.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-13 23:15:18  
Asura.Xenophire said:
Curious as to why you're off handing the Blau.

Other items you could look into is Ermine's Tail, Tariqah 1, and Denali Wristbands.

He isn't, FFXIAH does that.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-06-13 23:16:00  
suppose to be main handing blau

as for sea i dont have it

why Denali Wristbands?
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-13 23:18:32  
Asura.Elvaton said:
Quote:
If you don't have sea, then wait for the update and get it at that point.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-06-13 23:20:21  
thats what im gonna do!
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-06-13 23:28:34  
Looks like a pretty decent max evasion set. In my personal opinion, 1 eva is greater than or equal to 1 eva skill. You won't find anything solid on that debate if you ask about it here, but my recommendation is to change evasion earring for an elusive, patrician's cuffs for war+1, and emissary boots for dance shoes. The +1's for these are reasonably priced but of course one has other stuff to buy too.

Adder jambiya has dropped in price so you could buy one of those until you get your Dakini(s) upgraded, if you choose to do so. Idk, they take a long time to do. It seems like I've had to do windsday about 6-7 times in order to kill enough morbols to finish my last trial. That's at least 6-7 hours for just one part of the trial. Of course, you might have a harder time getting Ermine's, and it'd be inferior and unsellable, so you might as well buy an Azoth or Adder now if you have a lot of spare change. You don't need to. It just depends what you want to be able to fight.

Also I'd prolly sell the wivre rings. The HQ is good but you'll get more evasion from 2x 5AGI rings, which you'll already have on you for trick attack. If you only have rings with 4AGI, it's still the same amount of evasion, only wivre rings give you some HP.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-14 08:48:40  
Asura.Elvaton said:
suppose to be main handing blau

why Denali Wristbands?

Evasion+6 as well as providing some damage reduction.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-06-14 09:12:42  
May also want to consider Gnole Crown:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=11483

Takes a little work and a lot of luck to get but if you can find someone who has the maze to copy it is well worth the effort.

Same eva as O.hat plus 8 parry skill and not nearly as ugly. Its just made of win.
 Phoenix.Hagino
サーバ: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-06-14 17:20:28  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=148596

thats my setup

I'm still missing novia earring to replace the ethereal but otherwise i quite enjoy it.

I dont use the Eva rings because i still need SOME acc to hit stuff. I'm still trying to decide if the new VNM +6 eva -3 acc is worth it or not.
 Ramuh.Clark
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Clark 2010-06-15 04:41:27  
If I remember right, there were some tests done that showed +evasion skill didn't effect evasion rate on anything lower than T (edit: lower than T for THF only due to +A skill vs. +A monster combat skill. If the tests are correct it would mean other jobs need more +skill.) I assume this has something to do with monster skill level checks vs. your evasion, I really couldn't say though.

Personally, I just stick to plain old +evasion and it works well enough.

This is what I wear, and it has worked for everything from campaign mobs to limbus,KSNM, etc.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=162130
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-15 04:46:28  
Phoenix.Hagino said:
Ramuh.Clark said:

Fixed for simplicityx2
 Alexander.Eons
サーバ: Alexander
user: Eons
By Alexander.Eons 2010-06-16 14:19:49  
I had a question about the ASA legs. I'm wanting to get the +7 evasion (w/ base AGI +2) making it best evasion legs. However I'm unsure what will be more ideal to sub augment it with. I'm either thinking phys dmg taken -4% or the +7 accuracy.

Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-06-16 14:50:48  
Alexander.Eons said:
I had a question about the ASA legs. I'm wanting to get the +7 evasion (w/ base AGI +2) making it best evasion legs. However I'm unsure what will be more ideal to sub augment it with. I'm either thinking phys dmg taken -4% or the +7 accuracy.

Generally if you are stacking Eva it is because you are fighting something that hits hard enough that you dont want to the hit. (I think that was a "Duh!" kinda statement but w/e) Usually that means you are trying to farm, "tank" on thf (which is possible in certian situations), or its an OHSHI build. Any way about it no matter how good your build is YOU ARE GOING TO GET HIT from time to time... Just facts of the game.

So i would think if you are going to build them for Eva then add in the physical damage down so that when you do get hit you add to the minimization of damage.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-06-16 22:52:37  
I also think the ASA thing is a difficult choice. I got my legs for SA/TA maximization, but thinking about defensive options, it seemed difficult to decide between -phys, and accuracy. There's also the option of haste, so that when you're casting utsusemi you have an additional 7 evasion, which isn't always bad. I think I'd go with the -phys though. If you've got no shadows at all and can't cast, it's going to be your max evasion set that you'll put yourself in (what devlboy said).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Clark
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Clark 2010-06-17 02:36:10  
Personally, I wouldn't use m.kris in an evasion set (or for, you know, anything). Less damage than a different dagger, and more TP feed.

edit: Also, I opt for 7 eva/3% haste pants. This is just personal preference, because there are some fights where I don't need a ton of evasion to cap, but I want to maintain haste, so it's a bit of a mixed set if that makes sense.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-09 06:08:51  
nar i dont agree.

some people dont care for off hand dmg as some people are more interested in hitting 100%tp with haste and low delay off hand then macro'ing in ubder dmg.

yes m.kris will kill your tanks lol and yes its feeds tp but not all mobs have tp moves that are just plain horid :)

i mean if m.kris is bad then so is k.club and soboro as they also feed tp.(yes i no drk can zerg)i mean just in normal use

i say there good as and when they are needed :)
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-09 06:57:05  
Let's take that MK hits 2 times per round on average. That means that it's "fixed" base damage will be 16 with a 192 delay. C'mon, any 50+ dagger is better than that dpswise. You will ws by tons faster, but you also loose tons of dot damage. I don't think this is a valid trade off.

The difference between mkris for thf and kclub/soboro is that the jobs that use those 2 weapons got a decent ws to supplement them: Sidewinder. Although soboro fixed dps is still good anyway, making it perform nicely even with standard gk ws.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-09 14:08:24  
Remora.Laphine said:
Let's take that MK hits 2 times per round on average. That means that it's "fixed" base damage will be 16 with a 192 delay. C'mon, any 50 dagger is better than that dpswise. You will ws by tons faster, but you also loose tons of dot damage. I don't think this is a valid trade off. The difference between mkris for thf and kclub/soboro is that the jobs that use those 2 weapons got a decent ws to supplement them: Sidewinder. Although soboro fixed dps is still good anyway, making it perform nicely even with standard gk ws.

i cant really go off that because mnk hits for like 120+ per hit as an example against a thfs 50-70(im sure a 25% haste mnk will out DOT a 25% thf)

use a blau dolch you hit for example 50-70 use a m.kris and you hit for 25-40 but hit 2-3 times gaining faster ws

some people preffer like 200+ delay weapons in each hand for hi dmg main and off hand but its personal perferance really
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-09 14:45:58  
wow mnk's raw dot is certainly the best in the game, don't even know why you went in comparing the jobs...Still, that doesn't mean thief dot is bad in any way. My dot/ws split, for instance, is at 60/40 to 65/35 with blau/sk.
Quote:
use a blau dolch you hit for example 50-70 use a m.kris and you hit for 25-40 but hit 2-3 times gaining faster ws
This example is quite off. If blau is hitting for 50-70, mk will be hitting for 14-20. I even considered a bit of fstr to favor MK.

Again, with some numbers this time: Mk will net you tp at about 30% faster rate (so a theorical 30% more ws ). Blau/Mk has about 35% less dot than blau/sk.

When equipping mk instead of a real dagger it's like trading 10 cents for two 5 cents coins.