MAB Cap?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » MAB cap?
MAB cap?
By Deltino 2010-06-09 23:04:26  

Ok guys. My friend just recently got a Novio earring to be added to his wonderful collection. now i have heard that there is a "Cap" on Magic attack bonus. well not really a cap but a point where INT has better dmg the MAB. well his gear set is the set above. if anybody could tell me if he has reached this "Cap" and INT would be better. or if he can find more MAB to get it? Thanks for all that help.... oh yeah lets assume that the sorc ring and uggly pend are activated in the math.
 Remora.Gempig
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Gempig
By Remora.Gempig 2010-06-09 23:06:47  
nope all wrong, he needs more mnd
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-09 23:09:32  
It really depends on the amount of int vs the amount of MAB and the tier of spell.

Off the top of my head on T4 I'd say you'd do more dmg with 5int back and do better on all nukes with yigit feet regardless. Also um better pants. On most servers I think mahatma are cheaper than jet

Or you could just plug numbers into the equation..

You'd need an awhile lot of MAB before 1 int was better than 1MAB. Like amounts that are currently impossible I'd say. At least on T4 and above nukes.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-06-09 23:25:28  
No with T4 , he's better off with MAB , the higher tier the nuke is , the more benifit of MAB , since it's percentage .

But start off with stacking INT till you reach dINT = 10 > than mob , after that put all MAB u want .
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-09 23:35:39  
Percentage increases have the same effect no matter how big the initial value...

INT is weaker as spells get stronger due to higher base damage, nothing more. dINT threshold value is only significant for its effect on macc.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-09 23:37:19  
inb4 seraweels
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-10 00:25:16  
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
No with T4 , he's better off with MAB , the higher tier the nuke is , the more benifit of MAB , since it's percentage .

But start off with stacking INT till you reach dINT = 10 > than mob , after that put all MAB u want .
It almost sounds like you contradict yourself. Anyways dint has a multiplier based on Tier. So lower tier doesn't necessarly mean int is more valuable if the multiplier decreases too. Also the more MAB you have the more valuable int will be since you are now multiply it by a larger percentage as you put it.

And MAB is not always better than int. My gear is similar to his and for me on blizz 4 1MAB ~ 1.58 int.

But let's do the numbers. With his current gear he has +31 int and +48 MAB assuming ice nuke with aquillo staff. If you swap in ixion cape and yigit feet that goes to +39 int and +44 MAB. If he was a merited taru blm/rdm he would have base 84 int and 42 MAB on ice nukes.

So with his setup blizz4 should do about 1524. With my 2 switches he should do about 1534.

AM2 would be a little different at that point hecate cape is slightly better than ixion but yigit is still still slightly better than cobra.

Oh and if he didn't merit int and wasn't taru so had less int the difference would be even greater. Though not by much lol