users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Testimony
Testimony
 Asura.Malkavius
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2010-05-16 18:38:59  
So I am 2 Maat fights away from Maat's Cap: THF and RDM. I needed both testy so i went to the Temple of Uggalepih to do hover tanks for RDM testy and the Tonberry outside for THF testy while waiting on repops.

Yesterday i had spent 6 hours between Cape Terrigan and Kuftal Tunnel Goblin Bandits trying to steal my THF testy with +9 in steal gear and gave up.

Im at 5 hours right now at temple with out a RDM or THF testy either. Have TH4 and again steal +9 for the tonberry. It doesn't seem concievable that my luck is really just that bad that nothing in 12 hours of attempts.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit:
The first mob i killed after posting this dropped RDM testy >< the power of venting. Now for that THF one.

Edit 2:
Also forgot to mention, yes i do not have a THF testy anywhere in MH / Satchel / Etc.

Ive tried with the mob at low health for about 2 hours, tried from behind, tried after Feint tried everything. It's making me absolutely crazy.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-16 18:59:40  
Go to sky and see if there is an LS planning to do ola.

Basically in short our LS throws away about 20+ RDM testimonies when farming waters lol.

THF you'll just have to keep trying.. i did the tonberry outside on the balcony and finally stole one after 20+ tries/waiting.

Patience :D
 Asura.Malkavius
サーバ: Asura
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2010-05-16 19:03:45  
Got the RDM one.

But for the tonberry were you wearing steal gear? Did you melee it down to low HP first anything that would help. I'm at probably 120+ attempts right now and still nothing. Held the same tonberry for 6 consecutive attempts tried killing and get new one, tried zone depopping it tried everything i can think of.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Avissar 2010-06-26 06:55:38  
I had to get two testimonies for my THF Maat fight. The first I got from tonberries, the second I got from goblin bandits.

I used all the THF AF gear with steal+ on it and the thief's kote instead of THF AF hands. Wasn't hard.